Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Story about 9/11 and how other's people fell. I was living in Alexandria, Virginia at that time, and working out of my home. For some reason I woke up real early that morning, and turned on the tv to watch the news, which I never do. But although I did this, I had the volume low, and went up to the loft to get on the computer. Around 8:55 a.m., I walked over to the top of the stairs and looked down at the tv. What I saw didn't make sense to me because it was showing smoke and flame from the World Trade Center, and I could read the word -- Live. I kept thinking that doesn't make sense -- why are they showing file footage from 1993, and saying it's Live? I then went downstairs and turned the volume up and watched, finaly realizing this was indeed -- Live. A few minutes later I saw the second plane hit. I was totally shocked, and couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing.

I kept watching, and so heard about the plane hitting the Pentagon. I started calling close friends to find out if they'd heard, and/or if they were okay. One friend asked me to pick him up cause they'd been let go from the FDIC, and the metro was shut down. I left my house and got caught up in a horrific traffic jam -- the likes of which I hope I never get caught in again. Everybody was leaving DC, and instead of taking only about 36 minutes or so to pick up my friend, it took me over two hours. When I finally got back home I spent most of the rest of the day watching tv, and crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment